Job ID 641
At PCH, we encourage you to be you.
What sets PCH apart is our people. We celebrate and value the unique voice each person brings to PCH. We are committed to strengthening our teams by creating opportunity and developing careers with people of different backgrounds, including race, religion, culture, ability, identity, orientation, gender, age, experience, perspective and more. Be you and be part of our team.
With an impressive customer roster, we are growing our team. We are looking to recruit talented, passionate and driven individuals to our exceptional team in San Francisco. Our Innovation Hub is home to our product design engineering and development team, including mechanical, electrical and firmware engineers, program managers and operational staff. Partnering with our manufacturing and supply chain colleagues in Shenzhen, we work together to guide products from concept to the consumer out-of-box experience.
Who are we?
The PCH team is creative, collaborative and out of the ordinary. We take pride in our work and we have a lot of fun along the way! As an employer, we offer:
– An exceptional team environment where we are passionate about our work and value our colleagues
– A commitment to your personal and professional growth
– A healthy work-life balance in a positive, open and inclusive work environment
– Competitive compensation, comprehensive life benefits, and parental leave options
– The opportunity to travel for project exchanges, collaborations and transitions
– Monthly barbecues, regular after-work outings, and engaging in-house activities to foster relationships across disciplines and departments
– Weekly lunches and a well-stocked kitchen to fuel your creative energy
– An in-house state-of-the-art prototyping lab
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We have openings at various levels of expertise and invite you to apply to the posting that most closely matches your experience level. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can’t wait to meet you!
This role will report to the head of operations, and lead a global team based in both our San Francisco & Shenzhen office.
· Manage development engineers, that span the disciplines of EE, ME, and firmware, in both San Francisco & Shenzhen office
· Manage manufacturing engineers, that span the disciplines of tooling engineering, process engineering, industrial engineering, facility engineering, and test engineering, in Shenzhen office.
· Initially develop, and subsequently manage, the process for outsourcing engineering work to augment in-house development; the outsourced work can be specific parts of a design project to complete turn-key design; the outsourcing entities may be engineering team within parts or CM suppliers, or independent design house.
· Manage technical project managers for development or NPI projects.
· Assess incoming projects from BD for technical fit and determine best project assignments splits between in-house and outsource efforts, maximizing in-house utilization and maintaining full control on key technical design aspects.
· Service-oriented, have experience working with and like dealing with different international customers (from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies)
· Display strong leadership to help develop and mentor team members’ development.
· Strong communication skills, with ability to manage customer’s technical discussions.
· Familiarity with electronics manufacturing environment, preferably in China
· Has experience managing or working closely with technical teams in China.
· Consumer electronics product experience