Job ID 565
Requisition Number: 41952
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of the Position
Be a specialist in managing Contractor Manufacturer (CM) day-to-day operation and to make sure the awarded business at assigned CM is in good supply conditions. Supply shall always be on time and meet customer request within the shortest possible lead time, with the right quality at the right price. Proactively identify supply risks and drive for solution by partnering with cross functional team. Support supply chain manager (SCM) on PR/PO release, cost management as well as CM inventory/month end closing report governance.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Work with CM to make sure all production orders are correctly executed per request, with the delivery date meeting request and on time ship to assigned destinations with correct shipping documents attached.
- Governance of CM master data in Peoplesoft system, start from onboarding a new CM to maintaining the master profile of a CM up to date when change applies.
- Releases purchase order to CM based on production orders issued by Planning, responsible for coordinating the whole process of Receipt to Pay with internal teams and CMs.
- Follow up CM production status and gain clear understanding on supply flexibility or risks when demand fluctuates as customer may pull in or push out orders in near term.
- Review CM capacity planning in multiple ranges, short-term, mid-term and long-term, to make sure Corning business is secured with sufficient capacity.
- Always apply lean supply chains concept when dealing with CM operations, ensure customer demand are fulfilled in the most cost-effective way.
- Manage CM related inventory under all business models, consignment or buy-sell. To supply reliable data to Finance team for accurate month cost closing, doing monthly cycle count in person is required to Corning consigned materials at CM side.
- Act SCM role when the assigned SCM is always, take the full ownership of CM site management and develop CM relationship to the right level of meeting business needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, major in supply chain, operation management, project management or others related.
- Have more than 3 years working experience in manufacturing
- Good at execution and capable of driving behavior by metrics.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, proficiency in Excel, PPT or Power BI.
- Good English communication and interpersonal skills, for inside the company and external CMs.
- Knowledge of factory operations, production management, procurement management and lean manufacturing.
- Be flexible of travel, <50% of the time
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.