Job ID 876
Supply Quality Manager strives to be the leader in supplier quality management and ability to scale to support Amazon Devices’ engagement from CM (contract manufacturing) to ODM (original design manufacturer). Key responsibilities include developing approved Suppliers for Mass Production of high quality parts, managing suppliers in Mass Production to produce high quality parts consistently, with improvement in yields quarter to quarter, and qualifying and bringing-up of new suppliers to support increased capacity and/or new programs (addressing all aspects of supplier process readiness).
This position is based in Shenzhen.
· To be the leader in end to end supplier quality management.
· Lead the development of new suppliers or existing suppliers of Mechanical and/or Electro-mechanical parts to support increased capacity and/or new programs. Establish process or mechanism in driving supplier improvements.
· Set up quality goals and monitor failure rate in suppliers, drive supplier to produce high quality parts consistently, with improvement in yield quarter to quarter.
· Anticipates potential problems, identifies the root cause, and resolves performance issues and problems with cross function team in NPI and MP period that affect the reliability, manufacturability, or availability of components.
· Work with design engineering team in project development phase and make sure material issues are monitored and timely closed.
· Develop process to early identify potential problems and improvements with design of new products, specifications, components, materials and application.
· Drive suppliers in area of failure analysis capability, including engineering resource and equipment readiness.
· Develop supplier quality team and lead the team to improve quality of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical parts for Amazon projects. Drive into Sub-tier suppliers for quality review and corrective actions when necessary and needed.
· Work with commodity management team to understand and highlight areas where quality and process within a specific supplier can be improved to reduce cost.
· Co-work with engineering, GCM, ops team for qualification of second or multiple sources. Review and approve request of engineering or production changes.
· Bachelor’s Degree or above in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
· Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin.
· 10+ years’ experience in Mechanical or Electro-mechanical product design, process engineering, or supplier quality management roles. This candidate is experienced in reading and interpreting engineering documents.
· Knowledgeable and experienced in at least one of the relevant commodities on Mfg process, Quality performance management, Quality issue handling, etc., and be familiar with multiple of others, such as Plastic molding, Die-casting, Stamping, PCB, FPC, Cable, Connector, Speaker, etc.
· Strong ability to lead supplier qualification and process validation, supplier development and new project launch, trouble shooting and quality improvement.
· Solid understanding on quality tools such as statistical process control, Six Sigma and Lean tools such as Pareto charts/8D problem solving, FMEA, MSA/GR&R, FAI (first article inspection), Cpk (statistical process capability), PPAP etc.
· Experienced in implementing processes to control and monitor supplier quality from qualification stage to mass production.
· Willing to travel frequently
· Experienced in mechanical or electro-mechanical part design, development and qualification
· GB/BB and CQE/CQM, auditor qualification are preferred
· DFM, DOE, Analysis of Variance, Hypothesis Testing, Value Stream Mapping will be a plus.
· Experienced in device assembly (FATP experience).