Job ID 1112
Supply Quality Manager strives to be the leader in supplier quality management and ability to scale to support Amazon device engagement from CM (contract manufacturing to ODM (original design manufacturer). Key responsibilities include developing approved Suppliers for Mass Production of high quality parts. Manage suppliers in Mass Production to continuously produce high quality parts consistently, with improvement in yield quarter to quarter. Qualify and bring-up of new suppliers to support increased capacity and/or new programs (addressing all aspects of supplier process readiness).
This position based in Shenzhen
· To be the leader in end to end supplier quality management.
· Lead the development of new suppliers or existing suppliers of new components to support increased capacity and/or new programs. Establish process or mechanism in driving supplier improvements.
· Set up quality goals and monitor failure rate in contract manufacturer for electrical parts, drive supplier to produce high quality parts consistently, with improvement in yield quarter to quarter.
· Anticipates potential problems, identifies the root cause, and resolves performance issue and problem about electrical material with cross function team in NPI and MP period that affect the reliability, manufacturability, or availability of components.
· Work with engineering team in project development phase and make sure material issues are monitored and timely closed.
· Develop process to early identify potential problems and improvements with design of new products, specifications, components, materials and application.
· Drive both suppliers and contract manufacturers in area of failure analysis capability, including engineering resource and equipment readiness.
· Develop supplier quality engineer team of contract manufacture and lead the team to improve quality of electrical parts for Amazon projects. Drive into Sub-tier suppliers for quality review and corrective actions when necessary and needed.
· Work with commodity management team to understand and highlight areas where quality and process within a specific supplier can be improved to reduce cost.
· Co-work with engineering, material function team for qualification of second or multiple sources. Review and approve request of engineering or production changes relevant to electrical materials.
· Take lead for copy lines /tooling/fixture qualification
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· At least 6 years’ experience in a Mechanical manufacturing and quality environment. GB/BB/CQE/ is preferred.
· Be familiar with Tooling, molding and assembly process, and strong PM skill, Can lead team for complex problem resolving as PM.
· Experienced in statistical tool using Minitab for cause analysis and Statistical decision making. Have knowledge and experience of process improvement
· Has knowledge in understanding quality tools such as Relationship, System, PDPC (Process Decision Program Chart), Matrix, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, , Gauge Reliability and Repeatability, FAI (First Article Inspection), Cpk (statistical process capability), etc.
· Able to understand how to read and interpret engineering documents, Ability to identify CTQ/CTP of Process, Part and Product.
· The ideal candidate will have experience in implementing processes to control and monitor supplier quality from qualification stage through to mass production. Particular focus will be required on establishing guideline and process in China, and the capability to define and revise specifications.
· Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin, influence and leadership skill are preferred.
· Self-motivated, committed, positive working attitude and willing to learn. Logic thinking and result oriented, with strong sense of ownership.
· Willing to travel frequently
· Experience working in consumer electronics industry
· Has at least three years experience as TPM
· Working Experience in high-volume product is preferred.