Job ID 1442
What You Will Do In Your Role
Coordinate with Consumer & Commercial Solution key customers, Molex, & CM on QN (Quality notification), SQA, & Quality improvement. This Includes:
- Serve as initial contact on quality issues from customer, or CM and always available by phone.
- Reviewing all quality data before submitting to customer and coordinating action if required.
- Evaluating all 8D’s provided to assigned customer in response to a QN. Securing customer approval on QN to close.
- Where necessary, assign specific customer concerns to the most appropriate Molex personnel & follow-up, provide global expediting for all assigned customer QN’s, and liaison with Molex operating entities and assigned customer locations on all quality issues and requirements.
- Provide coordination for completion & communication of action items to meet quality targets. Schedule & conduct quality communications meeting & calls with customer, CM, and within Molex. This also includes global coordination of quality related communications regarding assigned customers.
- Maintain & track performance on a global action item list for improving performance, customer scorecard management on quality related issues and link assigned customer scorecard results to Molex sites and follow-up on action plans. Also manage global quality performance reporting coordination & consolidation.
- Visit customer and Molex locations for pro-active reviews and attend regional and/or global meetings with customer. This may include participation in relationship building activities with assigned customer locations.
- Coordinate with plants globally for uniform action on all new products and change management for assigned customers. This includes, coordination of customer’s product/process qualification activities within Molex and its suppliers, and responsibility for the Molex Global Change Management process as it impacts products purchased by customer.
- Participate on internal audit team for entities supplying assigned customers. Participates in all product and system audits for assigned customers in any Molex site.
- Key Customer related supplier chain hub QA management. Including arrange the QA inspection procedure, containment action and other administration role.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10 years in Quality Engineer position
- Problem solving abilities (8D, 5 whys)
- Analytical ability for connector Quality issue
- Communication skills to liaise with customers and Molex plants
- Organizational skills to manage many QNs at the same time
- Negotiation skills to ensure reduction of sorting costs/PPM /number of official claims
- Multi-tasking abilities to manage a heavy workload and to perform under pressure: handle many customers/plants/Quality issues at the same time
- IT skills: Outlook, Excel, SAP
- Willingness to travel: mandatory to visit customers and Molex plants
- Sense of urgency in working methods: required initial response time for QNs is 24 hours max
- Open to work in a multi-cultural environment, in order to accept cultural and religious differences
- Good reading and written, prefer fluent oral English.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Six Sigma Green Belt but not essential