Job ID 829
Bose Network Planners own the end to end planning and production buying process for assigned product families. Network Planners understand and align to global customer demand, create global supply plans and manufacturing production schedules and communicate the finished goods requirements to suppliers. They act as the focal point for information, communication and escalation of major supply constraints and opportunities to internal Bose forums for rapid resolution. For their product families, they are lead facilitators and drivers of the S&OP process including creating alignment to a consensus demand plan and balancing supply to meet customer requirements while managing inventory to meet corporate targets. Network Planners are accountable for regional and global forecast accuracy, inventory days on hand and customer fill rate.
- Accountable for developing, implementing, and maintaining a supply strategy for the global distribution and manufacturing network, including contract manufacturers, for assigned products.
- Analyze and create supply plans that support customer fill rate service levels and balance demand and inventory at each node of the Global Supply Chain.
- Manage global allocation of product shortages with Sales alignment
- Manage global excess inventory reduction plans internally or at contract manufacturers. Support local planners as needed with action plans outside region.
- Understand root cause analysis of supply exceptions. Analyze and revise as feasible and communicate to stakeholders.
Scenario Planning (What if)/Business Management
- Develop demand and supply scenarios to continuously improve performance relating to both service levels and total costs through continuous evaluation of supply, product strategies and the positioning of inventory across the global supply chain.
- Utilize shipping analysis tools to determine and execute profitable shipping strategies globally.
- Review and analyze demand inputs, including the statistical forecast, sales & marketing inputs and regional S&OP, to determine a consensus forecast that drives the supply chain and revenue forecast.
- Lead consensus demand/S&OP review with Customer Forecast Teams for assigned products.
- Provide input to S&OP to incorporate major supply issues to the network plan and any major deviations to achieve the sales plan.
Finished Good Production Buying
- Accountable for production buying & driving execution of prioritized global supply strategy (right time/right location/right volume).
- Responsible to manage purchase order confirmation dates, volumes and receipt locations.
- Communicate with suppliers on volume requirements/changes/allocations
Supplier Capacity Management
- Set and manage the supplier future production requirements in support of global supply needs
- Support supplier relationships by providing collaborative, rolling, long-term production requirements
- Actively participate and support new product introduction to ensure that supply network plans are optimally created and that supply plans are executed in support of the established timelines
- Manage lifecycle changes including distribution changes and end-of-life (EOL).
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in critical thinking, influence, negotiation, problem solving, analytics and strategic thinking
- Demonstrate confidence and the ability to stand up for their decisions
- Ability to create and foster a team-based environment to establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with individuals
- Demonstrated ability to influence areas not under direct control to achieve objectives and effectively communicate challenging goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and can deal effectively with all levels of management and external suppliers
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and build strong relationships by being transparent, reliable, and delivering on commitments
- Ability to provide innovative ideas to optimize supply chain and generate new ideas or alternatives that create value
- Ability to use SAP, Kinaxis RapidResponse.
Education and Experience
- B.S. or B.S. in supply chain management, science and/or engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience