Job ID 1490
Secondary Business and Economics Teacher
Required: August 2021
Location: Shenzhen, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Curriculum: UK to A-level
Experience Required: 2+ years
Salary: Excellent salary package and extensive benefits.
Sponsorship: Single, Married Teaching couples, Teachers with dependents
Contract: 2 years
School Vision / Ethos: This top level international school is part of a family of UK curriculum schools and combines over 400 years of educational excellence with a modern approach and first-rate facilities. They build on the successes of their partner schools in England and Thailand and provide a full and well-rounded approach to education, which not only prioritises academic achievement but also helps to bring out the best in each pupil.
The Shenzhen Campus opened in August 2020 and provides excellent facilities for students with a capacity of 900 students catered from Early years through to Sixth form. In the first instance the school will cater for early years through to Year 9 and grow with each academic year.
Location Overview: Shenzhen is the youngest first tier city in China where the average age of the population is under thirty. Rated as the best air quality of all first tier cities in China, Shenzhen itself is a wonderful planned city filled with Plants and shrubbery on the coast in the warmer southern climbs of China. The excitement of Hong Kong is also not too far away.
Teachers should have 2+ years of post-qualifying experience (you must be in your third year at time of application) and a good understanding of independent school practice and philosophy. The school prefers teachers with UK curriculum experience with previous international or EAL experience an advantage. The academic staff is selected for their genuine interest in their subject and the ability to convey that interest to students and raise expectations for success. Teachers here are committed to their profession and in addition to their subject teaching are all able to offer experiences outside the classroom to ensure that all students are motivated, confident, courteous, aim for the highest standards in all areas and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of learning.
Package: The remuneration package is very generous and includes the following;
- A competitive salary package
- An annual bonus of 10% of salary, subject to appraisal
- Full health insurance coverage for teachers as well as cover for dependents
- Onsite full-furnished accommodation provided for teachers in their first two years with the option of living offsite in second and subsequent contracts
- Return Airfare and baggage allowances for teacher and dependents
- 100% remission on tuition fees for up to two (2) dependent children attending the School. 50% remission on tuition fees for 3rd dependent child onward.
- The cost of all working visas, dependents’ resident visas and work permits costs paid for by the school
knowledge of curriculum