Job ID 1046
Local Unit & Position Description
Key accountabilities for the position include:
- Implement account management strategies to create opportunities for cross-selling the full-range of Inspection services to meet client needs
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth strategies in order to achieve agreed sales targets
- Understand the key target markets, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which market strategies that can be used to attract clients
- Determine customers’ current and future needs and provide feedback about product requirements and / or enhancements
Leadership accountability * Follow up leads / opportunities and work with relevant internal stakeholders to define scope of work, prepare bids and see them through to execution
- Collect feedback from customers and work with internal teams to resolve customer concerns; identify trends and make recommendations for implementing solutions
- Support and represent DNV GL Inspection at industry events, seminars, conferences and presentations, both locally and internationally, if needed
- Maintain a strong understanding of our services, our competition in the industry and positioning
- Keep strong communications lines open with the business development community across all Business Areas in the wider DNV GL Group
- Leverage current and past customer relationships, as well as available systems for active lead generation
- Focus efforts on relationship and solution selling with key attention to customer service and satisfaction
- Create a local network of sales agents to improve our country footprint; manage internal expectation and coordinate their efforts and contribution to the local strategy implementation plan
- Establish agent’s KPI in agreement with Global Sales structure
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ideally holding a degree in engineering / business / marketing or equivalent
- Strong, practical experience in manufacturing / power / downstream / upstream. Other sectors might be a good plus
- Minimum 7 years relevant working experience in a sales / client-facing role in Inspection services, or related / similar market
- Experience in preparing and submitting bids and tenders to meet client proposals
- Good knowledge and experience of Quality Assurance and Quality Controls to ISO 9001-2000
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification and supply chain services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.
Company & Business Area Description
Inspection Services provides customers with the assurance that their materials, components and equipment are made to the right code, standard or end-user specification. As part of our growth strategy, we are now seeking a Sales & Business Development Manager with experience in Oil & Gas sales and account management to join our Sales & BD team with a specific focus in China.
AS Sales & Business Development Manager you will be instrumental in growing and developing our approach in the China market. Making best use of your passion and enthusiasm to engage businesses, you will take the lead in the generation of opportunities and sales of both existing and new local and international customers operating in Inspection. You will also be requested to establish and manage a network od sales agents located in multiple areas within China to support our growth ambitions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!