Job ID 913
The Amazon Private Label Quality Team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative team player to join our Hard-lines Private Brands Quality team. This is an exciting and challenging position that oversees product development and quality management for AmazonBasics product categories. Quality Managers are responsible for product development with vendor partners and raising the quality bar through proactive quality improvement initiatives.
We are looking individuals with extensive background in new product development and experience with consumer hard-lines product quality requirements & regulations, testing and compliance strategies to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
This base location for this role is Amazon Shenzhen office.
· Ensure products continuously comply with Amazon’s quality, performance, reliability, as well as relevant safety and worldwide regulatory requirements
· Implement and apply Amazon.com quality systems throughout the product life cycle
· Work with suppliers, 3rd party test labs, and internal teams for quality and compliance testing.
· Proactively drive corrective action plans to lower down DPPM and raise the quality bar
· Monitor and rigorously adhere to all quality activities SLAs and ensure SLA adherence by vendors and 3rd party labs.
· Own DPPM (Defective Part Per Million) & CRR (Customer Review Rating) for responsible product categories, and proactively work with all stakeholders for resolving any quality complaints or issues
· Strive continuously to identify innovative ways to prevent quality issues leading to improved customer reviews and ratings
· Continuously analyze existing quality processes and systems and work with cross functional teams for process improvements
· Drive scalable business solutions on product development and quality monitoring processes
· Maintain close collaboration with all internal and stakeholders, including those based in US and other worldwide amazon offices, and provide visibility through appropriate reports
· Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or related discipline
· 5+ years total experience in product development or quality management in manufacturing setup, third party test agency or sourcing office of global retailer.
· Experienced in working with Multi-national company’s cross function teams, internal and external stakeholder in managing external stakeholders – vendors and third party agency
· High analytical and problem solving skills, ability to deep dive into data to identify root causes for quality failures.
· Structured thought process, ability to analyze and improve process
· High proficiency in written and verbal English
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deliver high quality output in tight deadlines
· CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) by ASQ(American Society of Quality) or Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt & above)
· Proficient in Excel, Word and other common desktop software applications.
· Ability to create basic SQL queries