Job ID 950
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for a Physical Education (PE) Teacher for the 2021-22 school year!
BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen is part of the BASIS International Schools network of schools in China.
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As a Physical Education teacher, it is primarily your responsibility to develop engaging, content-rich subject specific lesson plans, and to teach students about different types of exercise, sporting skills, attitude, and health topics.
Elementary PE teachers lay a foundation by incorporating basic principles of warming up, stretching, and cool down. A focus on attitude, performance, and sporting skills is utilized to benefit students. Elementary PE teachers also have the unique opportunity and ability to collaborate with other Subject Expert Teachers to incorporate and enhance student learning by blending PE content with other subjects, such as science or history. Our PE Teachers are passionate and excited to teach their students in innovative ways, and our students are eager to learn and grow.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Physical Education (PE) for elementary school-aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.