Job ID 493
Internal Corning Employees are provided the opportunity to review global job openings for potential interest. However, they are encouraged to do so with the understanding that whether or not they will be considered a candidate for positions located outside their geographic area (city, country, region) will depend on a number of factors such as the availability of local subject matter expertise or qualified talent, the need to obtain and availability of work authorization, costs associated with internal transfer, etc. It will be the decision of the hiring organization whether to permit employees applying outside the local area where the opening exists to be considered a candidate for that opening. It is recommended employees wishing to apply for job openings at Corning make their supervisor aware of their interest before formally applying.
Purpose of the Position:
- Allocate the NPI/MP order within qualified supply pool (VF plant &CMs) based on aligned business guideline, fulfill different product line demand by collaborating with supply chain, operations and cross functional team on VF/CMs capability development & qualification and capacity ramp; Execute dual source strategy to mitigate supply risk and improve customer service metric (L/T, STP, STR)
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Assign appropriate manufacturer site for each NPI/RFQ opportunity according to product feature/business model and manufacturers capability/capacity/cost…etc.
- Mass production order allocation, co-work with CSR/PE/QA to set up product code and maintain the product list by customer OEM/TPM and product Segments/Categories
- Hold weekly meeting with SCM/plant planning team to optimize the allocation to improve customer service metrics
- Initiate and follow up on dual source qualification; coordinate with Account Team and AE to clarify the qualification requirement and follow up with site QA/PE/Ops/SCM team to complete the necessary process
- Lead NPI allocation process, monthly review with NPI core team and update allocation criteria based on business direction
- Provide the statistics of demand/supply variance by product lines; update long term full sheet demand forecast; maintain manufacturing yield assumption and VF/CM capacity summary
- Engagement and data support on monthly S&OP review meeting
Project involved with:
- Customer service metric improvement
- NPI/RFQ process improvement
- Other internal process optimization related projects
- Bachelor of Science: Business, Technical or Supply Chain
- 3-5 years Production Planning, Supply Chain, or Forecasting preferred
- Analytical, strategic planning
- Problem solving and decision making
- Technical/manufacturing process understanding
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, self-driving
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Sales & Operation Planning (S&OP) experience (plus)
- Application/Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office, in particular, Excel (Must), Salesforce/ERP systems (plus)
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.