Job ID 1453
Develop and Maintain an effective strategy, management and ongoing improvement of the supply chain process covering planning, logistics, distribution & replenishment, procurement, and vendor management, to effectively respond to market changes, disruptions and sustain business continuity and resilience, in addition to support Global Sales & Operations Planning initiatives.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Develop differentiated and elevated level of proactive supply chain support that is both strategic and tactical in nature with a level of positive influence throughout the entire supply chain for strategic customers.
- Engage with demand forecasting, manufacturing plants and product marketing to understand upcoming New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Life (EOL) programs for the customer. Identify the hurdles in launch of NPI’s and work cross functionally to resolve them. Work with Demand Forecasting and VMI teams to ensure manufacturing plants have advanced visibility of these programs.
- Play a lead role in orchestrating the supply chain and leading proactive reviews with senior management for strategic business with five key elements of service, lead time, inventory, logistics and capacity management.
- Be the voice of business into the manufacturing plants related to service and lead time. This includes making recommendations on how to optimize service and inventory by having an end-to-end view of supply model.
- Work with manufacturing plants to understand capacity utilization. Proactively resolve capacity pinch points for business. Communicate both excess capacity and capacity constraints to PM and/or CSR/sales.
- Establish and control key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning / forecasting / replenishment strategies.
- Liaise with Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, R&D, Product Management and Finance departments to ensure that the business goals are met.
- Engage in self learning-actualization and promote MBM culture on team
- Support Molex quality programs by following approved policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 7+ years experience with inventory management / supply chain in the Multi-national manufacturing or distribution environment
- 5+ years hands on experience in working with end to end supply chains, including planning and forecasting.
- Experience working with cross cultural / global teams.
- Able to influence and rely clear communication to Customer, stake holders, Manufacturing plants and supply base.
- 20-30% Travel flexibility and able to conduct flexible schedules to attend / host nightly calls (US/China)
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations management, business, economics, engineering or equivalent.
What Will Put You Ahead
- SAP, Kinaxis or other ERP systems
- Expertise in end to end supply chain
- Expertise in electronic manufacturing industry
- Experience interacting with external customers
- Fluent in English and Chinese Languages
- Master’s degree in above majors or equivalent preferred
- Ability and willingness to frequent travel.