Job ID 1383
Amazon’s IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support personnel. You will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful IT Helpdesk will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
This position requires 1+ years of hands-on PC hardware, software and O/S support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting) with exposure to a wide variety of products, issues and customer types. You will be the main point of contact for individuals reporting or highlighting issues with systems or equipment, with hands-on experience supporting all levels of IT infrastructure as well as Windows, Linux/Unix and Macintosh platforms.
· Medium level of English skills
· Excellent customer facing skills.
· Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
· In addition, you will need a proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing China and global environment where some travel maybe required.
· Ability to develop clear, concise documentation/SOP.
· Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as managing the IT life cycle.
· Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
· Hardware knowledge / experience – support and repair.
· An advanced understanding of technical issues, both hardware and software, for infrastructure (servers, networking, telephony) and end user equipment.
· Holds an understanding of core internet technologies – DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, mail transport/s.
· Advanced Linux system support and ability to write simple scripts in some administrative language.
· A good understanding of VoIP technologies
· Ability to understand and execute change management activities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.