Job ID 923
‘Charterhouse Asia operates schools where students and teachers study, create and inspire to develop their capacities to build better lives for themselves and others.’
Charterhouse College, due to open in the last week of August 2021, is being established as a leading, four-year, selective, private high school for Chinese students aged 15-19, located in the beautiful, modern city of Shenzhen in Southern China. The College will prepare students for entry to some of the best universities in the world through a stretching curriculum which balances academic attainment and personal development. Students will take a full suite of IGCSEs, followed by an International Project Qualification, IELTS and A levels. Students’ development will be extended through a super-curriculum which includes academic enrichment, thinking and practical skills, service-learning projects and a full co-curricular programme. There is a house structure with supportive tutoring, and boarding will be offered from the second year of operation.
Charterhouse is one of Britain’s most prestigious independent schools. Charterhouse College, Shenzhen, will combine the best academic and pastoral traditions of Charterhouse in the UK with a progressive curriculum which fully develops students’ academic abilities and life skills, enabling them to create rewarding futures and inspire others. Everything about the school, from the curriculum design to the layout of learning spaces in our state-of-the-art campus, reflects our educational ethos: Study, Create and Inspire.
We are looking to appoint outstanding, well-qualified and inspirational teachers and Heads of Department to start in August 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to join a first-class, well-resourced school, to work alongside a high-performing and supportive team of colleagues, and to benefit from excellent provision for career development. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute fully to the academic super-curriculum and to the co-curricular programme. Candidates should be highly-motivated practitioners with a strong track record of raising attainment in previous roles and a real passion for teaching and for the subject.
We are looking for teachers and Heads of Department who are:
- Currently teaching in China
- Highly organised, motivational and flexible.
- Inspiring and reflective in their classroom practice.
- Creative and dynamic in their approach to teaching and learning
- Committed to high standards of achievement, progress and behaviour for all learners.
- Able to promote a well-organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Committed to the constant improvement of an already vibrant curriculum.
- Skilled communicators who work well in teams.
- Proficient in the use of IT and have an interest in using technology in the daily classroom experience to improve learning.
- A workplace where wellbeing matters.
- Extensive CPD including a generous annual fund for further study and training
- A competitive salary for all members of the teaching faculty.
- A school with exceptional facilities, built with the teachers in mind.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached Application Form and submit it online, along with a CV and a supporting statement (of up to 500 words) indicating why you are applying for this role and why you think you would be suitable for this position.
Closing date: 19 February 2021. Early application is advised. We reserve the right to close a position once we have received sufficient applications.
Charterhouse School, Shenzhen, is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment practices, including the disclosure of criminal records. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. UK and EU passport holders will be required to obtain an ICPC check and all candidates will be subject to background checks.
‘Future-ready – education for a new reality.’