Job ID 1328
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
- Be an authority in “INSERT APPROPRIATE PRIMARY FUNCTION SPECIALTY”(e.g. Motor Control)
- Continuously and proactively develop additional technical skills in “INSERT APPROPRIATE PRIMARY FUNCTION SPECIALTY” (e.g. Motor Control)
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of the end product
- Provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tool support for the assigned clients.
- Utilize Microchip’s Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at select target clients.
- Use insight and influencing skills to teach clients about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their technology, which link back to Microchip’s solutions.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip’s solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment, to successfully develop and implement sales strategies across clients divisions and geographical locations.
- Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback and ROI for their investments in clients.
Engineering Skill Set Required
- Electronic Design – Creative design capability, architectural organization of hardware, firmware and software to meet system specifications, schematic/simulation/layout via CAD tools, Test and debug skills (using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, multimeter, etc)
- Microcontroller fundamentals – Algorithm development using C, C++, architecture, interrupt processing, registers, assembly code
- Microcontroller fundamentals – ADC, DAC, Timers, PWM, DMA, watchdog
- Specialized techniques for embedded programming- Real Time Control, RT Clk, Interrupt Density, debouncing of switches
- Memory – NOR, NAND, SRAM, DRAM, Error Detection Correction
- Basic protocols – I2C, SPI, UART
- Advanced protocols – Ethernet, USB, CAN, LIN
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (e.g. BSEE, BSCE) with a strong academic track record
- Relevant work experience – A proven “problem solver” who thrives on complex technical and business challenges and is personally motivated to provide the best solution for our clients.
- Technical Skills – Skilled and practiced in techniques used in “INSERT APPROPRIATE PRIMARY FUNCTION SPECIALTY” (e.g. Motor Control)
- Strategic/Critical Thinking-Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex client challenges
- Communication-Tailors communication to the client’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal Influence-Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to clients to comfortably drive conversations to elements of value for both parties
- Networking-Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for success
- Ownership-Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative
- Workflow Management-Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe
Percentage of Shift and Longest Time (Enter Standing %, Walking %, Sitting %, Driving %, Inside %, Outside %, Hours standing, walking, sitting, driving, and Usual shift hours and days)
Check Each Essential Physical Functions, Maximum LBS and Working Conditions
Hearing, Talking, Seeing, Works Around Others