Job ID 1258
About the Role
Our Early Years teachers provide an environment where children are encouraged to be self- motivated, curious, confident in themselves and in their work, taking pride in their many achievements. Teachers design learning experiences based on the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, emphasizing active learning through play, allowing each child to reach their potential at their own pace and level.
Our Early Years Teachers provide for the needs of the individual children in the class in a challenging, stimulating and secure environment, as well as providing an educational environment conducive to the learning of the children in line with the Early Years Curriculum.
We are seeking applications for the following September 2021openings
- Early Years Teacher (Nursery)
The Early Years Learning Centre, managed by Dulwich College International, opening in September 2021, will offer an exciting place to teach and learn. At Dulwich College International, we pride ourselves in having a highly professional, committed and caring teaching community who enjoy an engaging, rewarding and supportive school environment.
The centre, will be located in the most central location of Shenzhen, Nanshan district. Shenzhen is a coastal city, close to Hongkong, in South China. As a city with vibrant life, Shenzhen has become a China’s fastest growing metropolises, a marvel of world urbanization, world industrialization, and world modernization. With solid economic support and efficient urban infrastructure, it has become one of the major gateways for China’s ports with the outside world.
Our vision of Teachers
Our Worldwise Teachers:
- Display self-control and flexibility and nurture these skills in learners
- Promote a love of learning and student wellbeing
- Show professional initiative and perseverance
- Get on with others and have highly developed communication skills
- Are committed to internationalism and equity
- Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
- Promote academic rigour and holistic learning
A Worldwise Teacher values:
- Evidence-based pedagogy and personalized student learning
- A compassionate approach to complex problem-solving
- High levels of student motivation and engagement
- Professional collaboration and collective efficacy
Worldwise Teacher’s practice:
- Lifelong learning and reflective practice
- Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
- Nurturing supportive and dynamic learning environments
- Maximizes every student’s opportunity to learn
- Activates hard thinking processes and skills
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.