Job ID 1165
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. Working in more than 140 countries, the firm’s designers, engineers, architects, planners, consultants and technical specialists work with our clients on innovative projects of the highest quality and impact. Our East Asia offices employ approximately 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, advisory services, planning and technical consulting areas. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness.
Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
Arup China is seeking motivated individuals to join its Advisory Services cluster. Our clients including new economy companies developing self-use premises, statutory bodies for new precinct development etc. As a key member of the cluster, the candidate will develop its career as a trusted advisor of clients by supporting them in making strategic decisions at the early stage of precinct/building development projects and guiding downstream design works. A combination of breath of knowledge, capabilities in research/interviews and grit in finding solutions for loosely defined problems will allow the candidate to excel in this position.
- Engage clients and clarify their goals and issues to be tackled.
- Lead a project team to deliver engagements with quality and creativity by developing the methodology and managing the whole process.
- Guide colleagues with less experience to:
- Conduct desktop research on international best practices, relevant regulations and latest trends.
- Conduct market research with open data and via interviews.
- Analyse clients’ issues and formulate solutions.
- Prepare documents (slide shows and reports) to explain the methodology, findings and recommendations in highly presentable formats.
- Control the quality of deliverables by serving as the final editor.
- Develop new capabilities and service offering with the team leader and junior colleagues with specialised skills.
- Liaise with clients on a weekly basis for work progress and intermediate findings.
- Exceptional candidates may be considered for a senior consultant position.
- 6+ years of experience in providing consultancy services for property, precinct and/or infrastructure development.
- Candidates with the following professional backgrounds will be preferred: real estate/surveying/land economy, urban planning, business administration, project management.
- At least one relevant professional qualification (local or overseas)
- Work experience with at least two of the following:
- Strategic planning (cities or corporate)
- Macro-economics/economic development strategies
- Project finance
- Digital transformation and innovation
- Data analytics
- Sustainable and resilient development
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin Chinese (writing and speaking).
- Proficiency with client liaison and interviews with third parties.
- Research ability and exploratory mindset.
- Interest in societal and industrial news beyond work.
- Having lived outside his/her native country for at least one year (or demonstrating equivalent cross-cultural exposure).