Job ID 970
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Senior Data Platform & Advanced Analytics Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in Enterprise accounts segment of our business.
This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Data, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform. You will own the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with Senior Customer Executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to production.
- Understand Customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics technologies where appropriate (e.g. Cloud Native Application, Big Data, Data Lake, Opensource Databases, etc.)
- Ensure that solution is well-architected, exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers and relevant business decision makers (eg AI, Analytics), who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support and enable customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Cloud platforms.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up-to-date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educating customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects.
- Strong business acumen to quickly understand the customers’ industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies and a methodical approach.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist).
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with data platform, including big data architecture designs, data warehouse designs, data governance, and technology management.
- Technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud technology trends
- SQL including MySQL/PGSQL/Oracle/SQL Server
- NoSQL Databases including Redis/MongoDB/HBase/Elastic Search/Couchbase/Cassandra/Neo4j
- Linux system and open source tools such as Nginx, Tomcat, Apache
- Java development related skills includes SpringMVC, Springboot, SpringCloud, HTML5/CSS/JS, JDBC.
- Data Engineering related skill including development on Hadoop/Spark/Flink with Java/Scala/Python