Job ID 1382
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the GAMs, RAMs or FAMs on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
- Drive development of CCIB South/West client manager capacity / coverage model among IC/LC/MM.
- Identify, develop key strategic initiatives and shepherd them into implementation. Initiatives would typically span across businesses and locations
- Engage and collaborate with relevant Group, Segment, Product, Regional, Country, risk, functional Management Teams and secure engagement, participation to drive execution
- Ability to assemble and work with teams across organisational boundaries is key
- Provide direct support to the GAM/FAM for the assigned client portfolio as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAMs/ RAMs/FAMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation processes
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Liaise with COBAM/GAM/FAM if required on CDD related items
Account Management & Portfolio Quality
- Ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data from a quality control perspective ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, WorkBench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to CA and GAM/FAM.
- Review and follow up on Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend EAR/ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and articipate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required.
- Provide support on other projects as assigned ie CIB Client Surveys, other business initiatives
- Support Network Delivery through documentation facilitation (passporting)
- Arrange for stock inspections/valuations as required
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations
- Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Ensure that all staff in the dept continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Build a performance-driven team by setting SMART objectives, constantly reviewing the dept’s and individual performance against these objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
- Develop and motivate staff through team building and regular meetings and ensuring staff are multi-skilled through job training, rotation and performance review.
- Encourage and foster a friendly working environment where staff at all levels seeks achievement through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Plan and control staffing, deployment, training, appraisals, and all other personnel matters relating to staff in the team.
- Multiply talent pool bench strength both in all cluster countries
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CCIB China to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator CBRC/SAFE/ PBOC prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in ChinaCCIB,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Senior Banker/Banker for designated portfolio
- Credit Analyst for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie COBAM, Credit, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- CCIB South&West Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 10+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.