Job ID 1252
Job Description and Requirements
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC-faster. We offer the world’s broadest portfolio of silicon IP-predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications. And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.
Senior Applications Engineer (IP Presales Support)
Job Description and Requirements
A presales AE (Application Engineer) is responsible for providing technical support for Synopsys’ DesignWare Intellectual Property (DW IP) in presales stage within China with primary focus on Southern China region.
A presales AE’s responsibilities include:
- Discussing with customer on their application and SoC design, Capturing and understanding their design requirements for Interface IP, Preparing IP technical solution with BU R&D to meet the requirements, Co-working with customer to update SoC micro-architecture based on the IP solution
- Studying high speed interface protocol update, joining IP product update training and technical conference, and deepening expertise on Interface IP by systematic learning and hands-on IP practice as configuration, synthesis and verification
- Working with sales teams to manage IP activities in the region to achieve a high customer satisfaction and for building strong customer relationships
- Providing direct technical support and assistance if needed to enable customer to use DW IP successfully
- Managing DW IP technical support requirements and needs for existing or prospective customers. This role requires AE to work and coordinate across business units and with other product line teams to provide high quality support for customers.
- Providing technical guidance and support to sales team during calls, meetings, and marketing events.
- Qualified applicants should have a BSEE, MSEE preferred, at least 5+ years relevant experience in ASIC/FPGA designs. Exposure to IP-based SOC design and real tape-out experience are highly desired.
- Design or integration, or verification experience with one or more high speed interface, such as Ethernet, USB, DP, DDR, HBM2e/2, PCIe, CCIX, MIPI, HDMI, Mobile Storage and Multi-protocol Serdes is required.
- An understanding of system design and logic design using an HDL language, synthesis, simulation and verification CAD tools is essential. Hands on experience with DC or equivalent is preferred.
- Customer interaction related experience is preferred.
- Technical or domain knowledge on 5G IoT, 5G mobile, AI and Automotive is a plus.
- The ability to conduct technical meetings, presentations, product demonstrations, and training is required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English are required.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.