Job ID 1379
Primary Year 1 Teacher
Required: August 2021
Location: Shenzhen, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
School Curriculum: UK
Experience required: 2+ years
School Overview: This top level international school is part of a family of UK curriculum schools and combines over 400 years of educational excellence with a modern approach and first-rate facilities. These schools are now diversifying and creating Bilingual education schools aimed at Chinese nationals whilst being supported by and honouring the school group’s well-rounded approach to education, which not only prioritises academic achievement but also helps to bring out the best in each pupil.
The Shenzhen campus will open in 2021 and will provide excellent facilities for students
Location Overview: Shenzhen itself is a wonderful planned city filled with Plants and shrubbery on the coast in the warmer southern climbs of China. The excitement of Hong Kong is not too far away. The school itself is situated in an expat area called Nanshan and looks out across the bay to Hong Kong – which is close enough to enjoy very easily at weekends.
- Teachers should have 2+ years of post-qualifying experience (you must be in your third year at time of application)
- A good understanding of independent school practice and philosophy
- The school prefers teachers with UK curriculum experience with previous international or EAL experience an advantage.
- The academic staff is selected for their genuine interest in their subject and the ability to convey that interest to students and raise expectations for success.
- Teachers should be committed to their profession and in addition to their subject teaching are all able to offer experiences outside the classroom to ensure that all students are motivated, confident, courteous, aim for the highest standards in all areas and thoroughly enjoy the challenge of learning.
- As a brand new school opening its doors – teachers need to be open minded, resilient and keen to contribute to the future success of the school.
Package: The remuneration package is very generous and includes the following;
- A competitive salary package
- Return Airfare and baggage allowances for teacher and dependents
- An annual bonus of 10% of salary, subject to appraisal
- Full health insurance coverage for teachers as well as cover for dependents
- 100% remission on tuition fees for up to two (2) dependent children attending the School. 50% remission on tuition fees for 3rd dependent child onward – bilingual environment
- The cost of all working visas, dependents’ resident visas and work permits costs paid for by the school
- 2 year contract