Job ID 1479
Required: August 2021
Location: Shenzhen, China
Region: Far East and South East Asia
Experience required: 2 years
School Overview: An outstanding opportunity to work with a brand new highly prestigious school that opened in 2019, linked to one of the UK’s leading co-educational boarding schools. The school will grow to be a K-12 school and offers a blended bicultural and bilingual pedagogy. The campus is modern in appearance with open learning and break-out spaces, both indoors and out, alongside bright and flexible classrooms with specialist laboratories, common social areas, sports, music and drama facilities. The Pre-Prep (Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten) follows the UK’s well-respected EYFS approach but with the added dimension of being completely bilingual. The emphasis throughout is on creative learning through activity and play. The programme for Chinese children aged 6-15 will follow the Chinese regulatory curriculum, blended with the Cambridge UK curriculum. The curriculum at all levels will have a strong emphasis on creativity, originality and innovation, all of which are essential for today’s young people. For the last three years of their schooling (ages 16-18), students will be aiming for top world-class universities through an intensive programme of international GCSEs and A Levels.
Location Overview: Shenzhen itself is a wonderful planned city filled with plants and shrubbery on the coast in the warmer southern climbs of China. The excitement of Hong Kong is not too far away. The school itself is situated in an expat area called Nanshan, and looks out across the bay to Hong Kong – which is close enough to enjoy very easily at weekends.
- Applicants must be qualified/certified teachers with a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Recent and relevant professional development / training
- Outstanding practitioner
- Track record of, and genuine belief in, the importance of the parent/ carer and community in children’s education
- Experience of developing community and children involvement in schools
- They value teachers who are fully engaged with bi- and multi- culturalism and are prepared to be part of a very special community.
- This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the school still in the start-up stage and help to lay the foundations of what we expect to be a great institution.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical coverage for employee
- Relocation allowance
- Visa related costs reimbursement
- End-of-contract gratuity
- Families welcome with tuition discount for dependents
- 2 year contract
- Professional development opportunities