Job ID 884
Drives the design chain value proposition by generating the greatest number of design wins in technologies and registrations for customers engaged in product design resulting in growing business. Interface with the engineering departments of customers and suppliers. Performs a variety of product, technical and engineering functions including but not limited to: pre/post sales support, research, design and development.
- Proactively develops and implements the technical sales account penetration strategy in each market presenting new products and technologies to current and potential customers; develop knowledge to uncover, understand, compare, and contrast the solutions (pre-component selection). Provide valuable participation in supplier/customer design review.
- Good understanding of customer needs relative to product(s), technology, direction, competition, design process and design cycle.
- Identify and develop relationships with all key technical decision makers and influencers in each account.
- Discover design requirements from the system level down to each individual element collaborating with the design, production and/or engineering departments to develop/execute technical strategies that help solve customer design challenges.
- Market supported lines to sales team by driving adoption of advocated solutions, with supplier partners, that meet customer needs and lead to increased design activity, design wins and sales growth.
- Proactively provides general application and product level sales training, proactively align with sales team in securing business. Communicate account calls with suppliers, account managers and/or inside sales.
- Identifies and tracks largest design opportunities from concept to production, utilizing all supplier resources to assure greatest potential for success.
- Creates presentations and other sales tools to enhance technical value and become a “trusted advisor” to both internal and external customers.
- Manages the product from beginning to end which involves communication and in-depth consultation with customers, sales and vendors.
- Research major industry players to be able to communicate to internal and external customers industry trends and directions.
- A thorough understanding of product lifecycles and the ability to design a full solution based on the customers expectation of product performance, lifecycles and total costs.
- Attend internal and external technical training to complete and maintain certification as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications:
- Solid understanding of business, financials, products/services, the market, and the needs of assigned accounts. Understands emerging market trends and interdependencies impacting customers; leverages understanding to expand relationships with own customers. May be recognized as an expert in one area.
- Complexity is high (territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process). Requires developed sales expertise across a defined portfolio of products./services/accounts; applies expertise in a complex sales environment.
- Works independently or may lead teams to identify, pursue or manage accounts/opportunities with large size/strategic importance/risk of loss. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may serve as team lead and help develop colleagues’ and customers’ understanding. Has autonomy to set and negotiate product/service terms; plans own territory or account approach.
- Collaborates with team and leadership. Has direct contact with clients and decision makers; participates in team sales for major accounts.
- Leads the negotiations on medium-sized, complex accounts; plans own territory or account approach. Works within broad guidelines and policies to develop business with new and existing customers
- Minimum experience required is typically 5+ years with bachelor’s or equivalent. It’s possible for a career salesperson to plateau for many years at this level.
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.