Job ID 912
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for Elementary English Language Arts Teacher for the 2021-22 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
Elementary Language Arts teachers establish a solid foundation of language and social science skills and knowledge. Language Arts topics covered include beginnings of reading and writing, reading comprehension, writing process, and much more. Some social science topics covered include world history, American history, beginnings of geographic awareness, and basic civics and government. These broad and varied areas of study give Language Arts teachers the ability to approach the material in new and creative ways, while providing students with a broad knowledge base to build upon.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare subject specific lessons in Language Arts for elementary aged students.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge (math, sciences, fine arts, engineering, history, and more) and skills to heighten the trajectory of students’ academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.