Job ID 881
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe that what you values are more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
PURPOSE OF FUNCTION
The Logistics function in purchasing development enables consistently high & stable availability to lowest cost by:
-Leading logistics development in Purchasing development, contributing to value chain development with a total cost approach
-Leading supplier capacity planning process in a proactive way
-Leading logistics competence development agenda to meet business needs
-Leading supplier logistics compliance to fulfill the related rules, regulations and requirements
1. Together with CM and CALM define Category Logistics agenda based on CA Logistics direction & priorities.
2. Responsible to lead the execution of logistics APL for the category/ies in cooperation with BDMs and CM.
3. Responsible to develop, lead and secure ways of working for supplier capacity planning in operational and tactical dimensions for respective category/ies.
4. Responsible to lead Supplier logistics development initiatives, it directly taking a lead for strategic supplier logistics projects when needed.
5. Contribute to the total value chain development by leading logistics development in the category/ies, being active part of designing and optimizing supply chain networks for respective categories.
6. Responsible to lead the execution of Logistics compliance in the category/ies to meet related working methods, rules & regulations.
7. As matrix responsible for Supply Planner in a specific category/ies contributing to competence development and succession planning.
8. Responsible to secure and develop the logistics competence among all co-workers in the category/ies.
9. As part of the category management team actively contribute to the total category development.
10. Contribute to the development of global Logistics matrix assignments within Purchasing Development
11. Region/site leadership responsibilities if assigned:
· Plan, organize and facilitate common trainings of systems, tools and working methods for Supply Planners based in the site/sites which Category Logistics leader is assigned to be responsible.
· Lead to roll out and implement new systems, tools and working methods for respective region.
· Chair and lead SP functional meetings for respective region, facilitate good practices across categories.
· Facilitate super-user structure for respective region.
· Represent Purchasing Development in certain regional forums.
1. Good knowledge of leadership skills
2. Good knowledge of IKEA Supplier Development Process (SDP) and tools (value chain analyses, etc.)
3. Good knowledge of supplier capabilities, material, production flow, capacity planning
4. Good knowledge of supply chain cost drivers from raw material to customer
5. Good knowledge of competence development and succession planning principles
6. Good knowledge of IKEA systems, tools and working methods, especially the ones in connection with purchasing
7. Good understanding of IKEA Purchasing Manual, IKEA Purchasing Development Process(PDP), IKEA Purchasing Year Cycle and Governance Structure
8. Good understanding of Design Supply process and processes within Planning and Delivery with related working methods and tools
9. Good understanding of IKEA Business model and IKEA Strategic landscape
10. Understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to Democratic Design