Job ID 1178
Line of Service Assurance
Industry/Sector Not Applicable
Specialism Conduct and Compliance
Management Level Associate
Job Description & Summary A career within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we’re able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and provide evidence-based feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Work with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements.
- Validate data and analysis for accuracy and relevance.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for business area.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in written form.
- Seek opportunities to learn about other cultures and other parts of the business across the Network of PwC firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct
We are currently looking for individuals with strong data mining / analytics and / or data warehouse related background.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advisory services to assist clients in business intelligence projects, data mining and data warehousing solutions;
- Performing business analytics, use of continuous monitoring tools and verifying system functioning to help improve data quality and monitor business performance;
- Providing consulting service through analyzing client server systems and multi-platform systems while providing business insights through visualization, trend and correlation analysis and data mining to the client and develop internal work plans and project approaches; You will be expected to take a consultant’s approach to the attest / assurance process of a client’s operations utilizing our practice methodology to assess our client’s operations;
- You will be responsible for conveying pragmatic solutions to our client’s business problems through the use of written reports and presentations. The opportunity will be available for you to develop your responsibility in supervising, coaching, developing and leading teams and individual team members; and
- For more senior position, you will be expected to develop our propositions around data for our clients.
- University degree majoring in accounting, business administration, information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, accounting, and / or business administration;
- Above 2 years of relevant working experience, practical experience and working knowledge in two or more of the following – data modelling, data mining, database management, business intelligence solutions;
- Hands on experience in doing SQL programming and conducting data mining, as well as conducting query performance and tuning, using Oracle database, MS SQL-Server, MS Access, and/ or SAS;
- Experience in data analytics/process analytics/retail analytics, data modelling, data mining, database management, business intelligence implementation and development of data warehouse ETL process;
- Hands on experience in any of the following scripting languages: Python, R, Visual basic;
- Hands on experience in any of the business intelligent and analytics tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, SAS, IDEA, ACL, Oversight Systems, SAP BI, etc.;
- Flexibility to travel to out-of-town engagements.
The PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau). PwC China (including Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under the local law.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified) Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel Requirements Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? No
Job Posting End Date