Job ID 1416
Job Title Advanced Mechanical Engineer
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be an integral part of the defibrillator Monitor development team and have the opportunity to work with the group of world-class, Electrical/Mechanical Engineers who develop products that help save lives all over the world.
You are responsible for
- Responsible for the design, check and optimization, realization and integration, life-cycle management, and verification of (elements and parts of) products, systems and/or solutions.
- Develops the work with focus on user and business requirements, compliance, quality and cost. Develops high level and detailed designs in accordance with the product requirements and Philips reference architecture requirements
- Combines existing and/or purchased elements and parts into (elements of) products, systems and/or solutions.
- Finalizes the design and integration, and writes verification plans for the developed elements and parts. Tests, analyses and verifies the quality of the design.
- Maintains an outside-in approach for the designs created.
- Is responsible for delivering input in the planning process to the project manager. Draws up personal schedules and reports on progress in a structured and methodical way.
- Ensures that documentation takes place according to the provided templates from the design control processes
- Carries out, independently and according to own judgement, targeted development assignments, the broad outlines of which have already been indicated. Develops parts of a new product according to technical specifications on the basis of familiar technologies
You are a part of
The advanced mechanical engineer will be one member of the hardware team in our defibrillator Monitor development group within the ECR Business Innovation Unit (BIU)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills education and experience:
- 5 years or above experience in mechanical structure design
- Experience with medical device development preferred
- Education – Bachelor of Science in Mechanical /Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent experience
- Very good knowledge of CAD’s tools, strong command of Creo Parametric 2.0 system and AutoCAD;
- Have rich design experience in plastic parts, sheet metal parts, cables, packages and labels.
- Experience with DOE, DfX and FMEAs
- Experience in medical device design and strong medical IEC/ISO standard preferred
- Continual improvement focused, self-directed and creative
- Strong ability of writing the report of issue analysis and presenting the report in team with English
In return, we offer you
A rewarding career, supportive atmosphere and positive work environment in which you will lead your talented, passionate team to develop life-saving medical systems.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by .
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the on our career website, where you can read stories from our . Once there,you can also learn about our , or find answers to some of the .
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our . In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to .
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)